[GE users] Scheduler dies like a hell

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 04:21:21 BST 2005

--- Viktor Oudovenko <udo at physics.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> I just switched of reporting but it did not help.
> Should I look into : accounting  file?

The accounting file is a simple, pure ASCII file. The
qmaster appends finished job info to it. You should be
able to see the file content using vi. However, I
don't think the scheduler reads the accounting file at
all!

> But the jobs will be lost? Or I can move them back
> after sgemaster restart and jobs reappear?

Yes, I think you can move them back. BTW, backup the
directory first.

> Could you give me the command (plz) usually I use
> qmon to manage the SGE.

Use qconf.

There are lots of things to dump, "qconf |grep show"
will give you a list:

% qconf |grep show
   [-sc ]                     show complex attributes
   [-scal calendar_name]      show given calendar

> A few days ago I made a copy of everything I can try
> to see whether the same
> problem existed already.
> And one more question: can one do backup with
> classic spooling? I meet
> somewhere discussion that backup command did not
> work. Am I wrong?

Just backup the whole directory when no jobs are
running.

 -Ron

http://mail.yahoo.com