[GE users] Shutting down SGE 5.3

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri May 20 13:11:32 BST 2005

Hi William,

as you will lose all of your computing time anyway this way, you can
just issue a:

qdel -uall

and then shutdown all the machines. This way all created $TMPDIR dirs on
the nodes will be safely removed. IMO it's mostly not possible to qalter
the jobs to get them rerun after the shutdown, as input/output files
maybe in an inconsistent state (at least for our jobs). Hence the (our)
users have to look at the files and resubmit the jobs in such a case.

Cheers - Reuti