[GE users] Pb w/ suspending job ...

TRAN Chanh chanh.tran at dassault-aviation.fr
Fri May 20 14:20:31 BST 2005

Reuti wrote:

> Were these just plain serial jobs? There is indeed the possibility to
> change the suspend/resume method, but the built-in:

Currently, all the jobs 're plain serail one.
BTW, I just discovered that I have '-notify'  option in my 'qsub' & by
eliminating this now my 'suspend' pb is gone.
I must say I'm happy w/ this but nevertheless remain interested in
having an explanation why I did have this effect ...

Actually, next step for me is to suspend 'multi-proc' jobs &
'multi-node' jobs & hope everything 'll work out fine

Thanks again,
Chanh

> kill -stop -- -<pid>
>
> should stop the whole process group. Did you define any procedures on
> your own? Are some forks/threads of your application jumping out of
> the process group? - Reuti

Otherwise, I don't have any specific procedure of my own ...