[GE users] soft requests on load values

Olle Liljenzin olle at carmen.se
Fri May 20 15:02:38 BST 2005

Are soft requests supposed to work with load values?

When I submit a job with a requirement like '-soft -l mem_total=12G', I
would expect it to be scheduled on a machine with 12GB or more if there
is a free slot available on such a machine. But the jobs I submit always
ends up on machines with less memory, so it looks like the soft
requirement has no effect.

When I submit with hard requirement it works as expected.

Any ideas on what could be wrong in our configuration?

/Olle