[GE users] soft requests on load values

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri May 20 16:06:24 BST 2005

Not necessarily immediately, but let's phrase it this way:

If the job could be scheduled to more than one available node, the node
which fullfil the soft request (in addition to the hard request) will be
chosen. This may happen, when a parallel job finishs (on machines with
e.g. different memory sizes) and a serial job is waiting with a soft
request for memory. - Reuti