[GE users] Env var corruption with -v under 6.0p3

Pacey, Mike m.pacey at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon May 23 15:54:13 BST 2005

I'm seeing some corruption of environment variable passing with -v when
the values are placed in double quotes. E.g.:

-----
#!/bin/bash

# Test to determine env var passing

#$ -v ENVTEST="envtest"

env
-----

In the output, the ENVTEST entry is listed as:

""VTEST="envtest"

A quick test of SGE/CODINE 5.2.2 shows this occurring there too. Can
anyone else reproduce this, or is it just a quirk of my system (SPARC
Solaris 8)?

Regards,
Mike.

-----

Dr Mike Pacey,                         Email: M.Pacey at lancaster.ac.uk
High Performance Systems Support,      Phone: 01524 593543
Information Systems Services,            Fax: 01524 594459
Lancaster University,
Lancaster LA1 4YW