[GE users] Env var corruption with -v under 6.0p3

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon May 23 16:56:47 BST 2005

Mike,

I see this also on Linux on Xeon. If you use this statement on the
commandline, the bash will remove the quotes. So the question arises: do
you want the " as part of the variable content or also to be removed
like from the command line?

There was already the discussion, what to include at all in the possible
content:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=6718

And as part of the file "#$ -v ...=...", there would be the need for an
enhanced parser to behave like the shell parser.

But anyway, that the variable is called ""VTEST looks like a bug.

Cheers - Reuti