[GE users] question on custom 'suspend method' ...

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon May 23 18:14:22 BST 2005

Chanc,

the methods will be invoked, when a job e.g. has to be suspended. The
default action is to send a sigstop to the whole process group in this
case. If you define a procedure on your own, you can use some special
variables, which will give you e.g. the PID and do any cleanup or other
things that are necessary (see man queue_conf):

suspend_method /usr/sge/mysuspend $job_pid

and the script:

#!/bin/sh
kill -stop -- -$1
exit 0

Should behave like the default built-in if you suspend a job. - Reuti