[GE users] Share Tree Policy setup

Mikael Johansson mpjohans at pcu.helsinki.fi
Tue May 24 01:05:57 BST 2005

Hello Charu and All!

On Mon, 23 May 2005, Charu Chaubal wrote:

>> The cluster contains two cluster queues in addition to all.q; chem.q and
>> phys.q. Either has to be defined in the job script.

> One question is: why do you have these two queues defined in the first place?
> What purpose do they serve that a single 'all.q' would not?

Well, the cluster is shared by both chemists and physicists. Chemists are
by default allowed to run on only the part of the cluster financed by the
chemistry department, chem.q (or rather, @chemhosts) and vice versa. There
is also a difference between the nodes, the chem nodes are faster and have
more RAM and disk.

The all.q is there for future purpouses (and because I wasn't sure I could
just delete it...), but for now the user is supposed to specify which q to
use.

> 'qconf -help' will show all command lines options for setting everything by
> CLI.  You can look at this HOWTO for more info and some examples (note that
> it was written for 5.3, but mostly everything should still apply to 6).
>
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/scripting.html

Thanks!

Have a nice day,
     Mikael J.