[GE users] Additional fixes in Grid Engine 6.0 Update 4

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Wed May 25 09:06:50 BST 2005

Hi,

> "60patches.txt" didn't list my fixes:
>
> issue 1397:
> "DRMAA doesn't allow ':' in working directory path
>
> issue 1407:
> "qtcsh-qtask options ignored" (reported by John Tai)

ok, I can add them.

> And FYI, update 4 added 2 new ports:
> - NetBSD (various archectitures)
> - PPC Linux (and PPC 64-bit Linux)
>

> Also, it is now easier to make qtcsh/qmake on
> "non-offical" platforms (e.g. IA64 Linux, NetBSD). And
> now we can build on Linux 2.6 and install from there.

These topics could best go into an updated developer documentation;-)

It also would be nice if we had courtesy binaries for all the platforms in
the "Document and Files" section. Shannon provided courtesy binaries for
6.0/6.0u1 for IA64 in the past.

Would anyone provide courtesy binaries for IA64, NetBSD and PPC Linux for
6.0u4? Ideally they would include openssl and the shared libraries for the
supported spooling methods - if that not possible it should be noted in the
file description.

The process is that a project Observer or Developer would upload a file to

    http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList

After logging in with your username you should open the Folder "Courtesy
Binaries 6.0u4" and click on "Suggest a File" (those who have Developer Plus
or higher priveleges will see a link2 "Add a File").

Make sure you selected the correct folder. You will see at the top of the
page the folder name
   "Add new file: Courtesy Binaries 6.0u4"

Then you'd fill in the following fields:

    Name -> the name of the tar.gz file
    Description -> e.g. "GE 6.0u4 binaries, <NM bits>, classic
                        spooling only. Contributed by <your real full name>,
                        <your organization> (if applicable)"

    Below "Content" you'll select "Attachment" and select the file to upload.
    Then you press submit and wait until the file is uploaded (can take quite
    some time, have a coffee break)

Once the file is uploaded we'll get a notification email and the upload can
be approved and will be visible for all users.

Andy