[GE users] question on custom 'suspend method' ...

TRAN Chanh chanh.tran at dassault-aviation.fr
Wed May 25 16:01:54 BST 2005

Reuti wrote:

> Mmh, for me it's working (the default and also custom procedures).
> What in detail do you observe. E.g., having a running job, issuing a
> 'qmod -s ...' and log in to the the node. Then the 'ps -e f' should
> list the status of the job as 'T' for stopped (on Linux).
>
> Having a custom procedure, can you try to echo something to a file in
> your home directory? This way we might check, whether the procedure is
> invoked at all.
>
> What platform are you on? - Reuti

I've have my 'qmaster' on  'AIX 5.2'  &  my execution plateforms 're on
'Linux RedHat Enterprise 3.0'.
I just re-double-checked my test case which is :

- queue named 'queue.q' in which I defined a suspend method called
'/nfs/suspend.sh'
- /nfs/suspend.sh :
#!/bin/ksh
output=/nfs/test.out
date >| $output
echo suspend  >> $output

- /nfs/suspend.sh is set to 777
- /nfs/test.out is set to 777
- I did try this script to make sure its works in observing traces
produced by 'date' & 'echo' in /nfs/test.out
- With 'qmod -s queue.q' executed from my 'qmaster' plateform, I did see
no change in /nfs/test.out ...

Chanh