[GE users] queue concumable resources

Alan Rogers alan.rogers at rsp.com.au
Thu May 26 07:04:17 BST 2005

I have a question about queue consumable resources.

When I do the following to a queue domain:

qconf -mattr queue complex_values shake=1 shake.q@@r2

shake is my consumable complex with the following settings:

shake               shk        INT         <=    YES         YES
0        0

I would expect the resource to be shared between all hosts in the queue
domain shake.q@@r2.

ie.  when a job runs on one of the hosts in that domain, using shake=1
resource.  Then I would expect shake=0 for all hosts in the queue domain.

However I see shake=0 only on the host that runs the job, and shake=1 on
all of the other hosts in the queue domain.

to me this seems like incorrect behaviour?

am I wrong?

thanks,
alan

--
alan rogers
"l'esprit d'escalier"
software developer / system administrator - alan.rogers at rsp.com.au
rising sun pictures - www.rsp.com.au
redefining visual effects delivery
direct line +61 2 9338 6486
mobile ph +61 408 846 098
our adelaide phone number & address has
changed, please update your records..........
adl ph +61 8 8400 6400 - fx +61 8 8400 6401
level 1, 133 gouger street, adelaide, 5000
syd ph +61 2 9338 6400 - fx +61 2 9338 6401
15/16 charles street, redfern, sydney, 2016
rising sun research - http://research.rsp.com.au