[GE users] queue concumable resources

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu May 26 10:25:43 BST 2005

Alan,

what you see is the intended behavior. The complex will be seen (and counted)
for each instance of the cluster queue individually. It's very similar to
setting the complex_values in the definition of the execution host if you have
only one queue per host. But the latter one will be shared by all queue
instances on this host, the former one just inside the queue instance.

I also saw your other post regarding the mix of floating and node-locked
licenses. Are you using a license server in any form?

This seems to be another case of a request to limit the amount of used queue
instances in a cluster queue (i.e. the allowed number of used instances at once
would be the amount of floating licenses). There is already an RFE for it. This
way you could setup one cq for the node-locked machines (this is just the
hostgroup for the cq as now) and a cq for the floating licenses (limiting the
number of used queue instances to your number of licenses).

Cheers - Reuti