[GE users] Penalise disproportion of requests und actual usage

Andreas Haupt ahaupt at ifh.de
Fri May 27 08:40:35 BST 2005

Hello,

we have some dual processor machines with 4gb memory each. In the last
time some users started abusing the batch system. They request twice as
much memory as they actually need. This leads to the situation that those
hosts only run one job simultanously.

Does GE penalize such a behaviour? In one way it does of course: The job
throughput is cut to half on these machines. But I want GE to penalise
future jobs of these users. Which queue/host parameters could help here?

Thanks in advance
Andreas