[GE users] cluster queue problems

Steven Ruby steven.ruby at wni.com
Fri May 27 17:29:20 BST 2005

when i submit jobs to queue i get "no free resource for interactive job"
this is only happening for a couple of queues i have setup.

qrsh -verbose -q Production.q
your job 18888 ("QRLOGIN") has been submitted
waiting for interactive job to be scheduled ...timeout (3 s) expired
while waiting on socket fd 4

Your "qrsh" request could not be scheduled, try again later.

This problem came about after a scientist managed to somehow remove the
whole grid install and every pkg we have on the cluster shared fs.

sr

--------

"Give me an army of West Point graduates and i'll win a battle. Give me
a handful of Texas Aggies and i'll win the war."

        -- Gen. George S. Patton