[GE users] qsub - connection refused

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri May 27 20:11:52 BST 2005

Hi John,

in the test you made I see the hostname in all lowercase, the error message
stated a different case. Can you try your interactive commands with GCMaster?
I'm not sure, how ssh will handle different spelling in the know_hosts file,
although they have the same TCP/IP address.

As long as you are using only serial jobs, there is no need for ssh or rsh
between the two machines at all. Also running parallel jobs can use the built-in
qrsh (if they are tightly integrated), and still there is no need for rsh/ssh.

Both machines are defined as adminstration hosts, and your one node also as exec
host and submit host?

Cheers - Reuti