[GE users] load sensor values and consumable complexes

Andreas Haupt ahaupt at ifh.de
Mon May 30 14:37:41 BST 2005

Hello again,

I have some problems in the understanding of how to combine consumable
complexes and how they can be returned be load sensors.

Lets say I have a host with a maximum temp space of 20gb. As their are
only 15 gb available the load sensor returns just these 15 gb as the
value of the complex "tmp_free".

Now a jobs starts which requests 5 gb of tmp_free. If tmp_free were
consumable qstat would now return a value of 10 gb. After 5 minutes the
job really uses 5 gb tmp space (which will be noticed by the load sensor)
-> The amount of tmp_free is being reduced to 5 gb. But that's actually
not what I want...

Is it correct to say that you cannot let load sensors return consumable
complex_values? Or does GE have some "artificial intelligence" to deal
with that problem?

Greetings
Andreas