[GE users] load sensor values and consumable complexes

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon May 30 14:55:53 BST 2005

Andreas,

Andreas Haupt wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> I have some problems in the understanding of how to combine consumable
> complexes and how they can be returned be load sensors.
>
> Lets say I have a host with a maximum temp space of 20gb. As their are
> only 15 gb available the load sensor returns just these 15 gb as the
> value of the complex "tmp_free".
>
> Now a jobs starts which requests 5 gb of tmp_free. If tmp_free were
> consumable qstat would now return a value of 10 gb. After 5 minutes the
> job really uses 5 gb tmp space (which will be noticed by the load
> sensor) -> The amount of tmp_free is being reduced to 5 gb. But that's
> actually
> not what I want...
>
> Is it correct to say that you cannot let load sensors return consumable
> complex_values? Or does GE have some "artificial intelligence" to deal
> with that problem?

do you mean this from the manpage of complex:

In the case of a consumable on host level, which has also a load sensor,
the system checks for the current usage, and if the inter-­
nal  accouting  is  more  restrictive  than  the load sensor report, the
internal value is kept; if the load sensour report is more
restrictive, that one is kept.

What do you want to achieve originally?

CU - Reuti