[GE users] Questions about log file: $SGE_ROOT/default/spool/qmaster

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue May 31 10:46:21 BST 2005

Viktor,

thx for all the infos. What I see is:

- Don't use the mpirun.ch_gm.pl directly, instead change the $PATH, that
mpirun will take the one from the mpich_gm directory. This I did when I
helped a friend of mine to get it working.

- Why not putting the sge_cleanup.sh stuff directly in your epilog? This
might safe the temporary file you create for now.

- There is no need for using the $SGE_ROOT/mpi/mpirun any longer. The
default $SGE_ROOT/mpi should handle this as well.

It really seems, that in some versions the "exec", which I suggested to
put into the Perl script, is in already. Plz have a look at  the Howto
"Tight Integration of MPICH and SGE" for explanations.

- info2.txt looks good. This should be possible to stop with the default
built-in terminate_method. The jobs will just continue to run, if you
don't set SIGTERM? Are they bound to the shepherd or having a ppid of 1?

<snip> the long listings.

CU - Reuti