[GE users] qsub - connection refused

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue May 31 18:27:35 BST 2005

John,

we are doing reasearch in the chemistry field, so we are not using any
Fluent products. But I read on their homepage, that they supply MPI/Pro
with their software. Maybe this commercial MPI implementation is faster
than MPICH. As I don't know, just try both  and choose one of them (if
you can try both at all: I think you got only binaries of the Fluent
software, and as long as there is no common binary interface for MPI,
you can't switch the MPI lib you are using at all - you are bound to the
one used during compilation).

So, for now I can't provide a Howto for a Tight Integration of MPI/Pro,
but in case that it is not working out of the box, we can adjust the
things and make this knowledge available in a new Howto for the community.

Cheers - Reuti