[GE users] Questions about log file: $SGE_ROOT/default/spool/qmaster

Viktor Oudovenko udo at physics.rutgers.edu
Tue May 31 18:40:28 BST 2005

Hi, Reuti,

Thank a lot for your prompt answer.

> Viktor,
>
> thx for all the infos. What I see is:
>
> - Don't use the mpirun.ch_gm.pl directly, instead change the
> $PATH, that
> mpirun will take the one from the mpich_gm directory. This I
> did when I
> helped a friend of mine to get it working.

I'll try to implement in in the nearest future.

> - Why not putting the sge_cleanup.sh stuff directly in your
> epilog? This
> might safe the temporary file you create for now.
>
> - There is no need for using the $SGE_ROOT/mpi/mpirun any longer. The
> default $SGE_ROOT/mpi should handle this as well.

Could you explain this better?
I user only mpistart.sh and mpistop.sh from  $SGE_ROOT/mpi  and surely I
used mpich.template to create my ones.

I'll take a look on http://gridengine.sunsource.net/  right?

> - info2.txt looks good. This should be possible to stop with
> the default
> built-in terminate_method. The jobs will just continue to run, if you
> don't set SIGTERM? Are they bound to the shepherd or having a
> ppid of 1?

All the processes are bound to the shepherd. At least they do not pave
parent pid =1 .
Processes could be killed with NONE option but not always it was clean. With
SIGTERM it works 100%.
For now I decided to keep it as it is.

With kind regards,