[GE users] Jobs starting with a number

Jeroen M. Kleijer jeroen.m.kleijer at philips.com
Wed Nov 2 07:58:42 GMT 2005

Hi all,

Every now and then I get a user who claims his jobs aren't started and
usually it ammounts to them having given the job a name that starts with a
number instead of a letter. They adjust it and the jobs then goes as
expected.
However, I'm still quite curious what the decision was on why a job could
not start with a number. One of our applications, Msc.Marc, breaks down a
job-file for mupltiple cpus and prefixes every new jobfile with a number.
This in its turn gets submitted but the fails so multi-cpu computing using
this application doesn't work.
Is there any way to get around this?

Met vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards

Jeroen Kleijer