[GE users] Jobs starting with a number

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 08:31:03 GMT 2005

Internally, SGE checks whether the job name is a digit to
determine whether it is a job id (JB_job_number) or it is a name
(JB_job_name).

We discussed about it on this list before. One solution is to
qsub with "-N <name>", then SGE will happily accept your scripts
starting with a number. Another solution needs to change the
code - instead of checking whether the first letter is a number,
we should check the whole name (all letters -> job id, 1 or more
alphabets -> job name).

 -Ron

http://farechase.yahoo.com