[GE users] Jobs starting with a number

Jeroen M. Kleijer jeroen.m.kleijer at philips.com
Wed Nov 2 08:51:43 GMT 2005

Reuti, Ron,

Thanks for the info.
Simply putting quotes around the -N parameter fixed this, should've
thought of this before.

Met vriendelijke groeten / Kind regards

Jeroen Kleijer
Unix Systeembeheer
Philips Applied Technologies

Ron Chen <ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com>
Please respond to
users at gridengine.sunsource.net

users at gridengine.sunsource.net
cc

Subject
Re: [GE users] Jobs starting with a number
Classification

Internally, SGE checks whether the job name is a digit to
determine whether it is a job id (JB_job_number) or it is a name
(JB_job_name).

We discussed about it on this list before. One solution is to
qsub with "-N <name>", then SGE will happily accept your scripts
starting with a number. Another solution needs to change the
code - instead of checking whether the first letter is a number,
we should check the whole name (all letters -> job id, 1 or more
alphabets -> job name).

 -Ron

http://farechase.yahoo.com