[GE users] better Globus integration for GE-multiclustering??

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 21:08:44 GMT 2005

Ian Foster (the Globus guy) gave a talk at a conference [1] in Toronto
2 weeks ago, and I had a quick chat with him. I told him that setting
up the Globus toolkit is way too much overhead (or trouble), and the
list of required software is long [2]. What most people on this list
want is a simple solution to join multiple GE clusters together!!

He is now starting up a company (Univa) which focuses on enterprise
grid solutions, may be it is a good time to send a list of suggestions
to him.

So... suggestions for better Globus/GE integration?? I will compile a
list, forward it to the globus list, and then follow up with Ian.

Rayson

P.S. anyone else was spamed by Univa ("Engineering opportunities at
Univa")?? I told Ian about that and he said Univa will not do it again
:p

[1] https://www-927.ibm.com/ibm/cas/cascon/speakers/wed.shtml#ianfoster

[2] http://www.globus.org/toolkit/docs/4.0/admin/docbook/ch03.html#s-prereq-required