[GE users] qrsh/qlogin accounting issue

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Nov 3 21:27:52 GMT 2005

Hi Joe,

Am 03.11.2005 um 21:57 schrieb Joe Fu:

> Hi
>

> I know this might be a known issue. qrsh without command or qlogin
> both give interactive sessions. But SGE cannot record accounting
> information for those jobs. I know qsh has no problems. Any idea
> how to make it work?
this seems similar to the missing environment variables. In this case
the additonal group ID is missing, and so only the wallclock time is
recorded. As Roland suggested for a similar problem: you can use
"qsub -A tester /bin/sh" and check with "id", that you now have an
additonal group ID. For "qacct -A tester" you should see some
accountings then. Depending on the start with /bin/sh or /bin/bash,
you might not get a visual prompt - just type.

Ref.: http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?
list=users&msgNo=13465