[GE users] qrsh/qlogin accounting issue

Joe Fu Joe.Fu at synopsys.com
Thu Nov 3 21:50:07 GMT 2005

Hi Reuti/Rayson

I understand exactly what's the problem. qrsh without command or qlogin
are finally taken over by OS in.rlogind or in.telnetd. they will destroy
all GE environmental variables including the additional group id. The
result is GE doesn't know how to track those processes any more because
those processes don't have the same group id.

qrsh with a command works fine because SGE_ROOT/utilbin/ARCH/rshd takes
over and  controls all accounting information.

I am just trying to see if anybody has any workaround so far.

Thx
-Joe