[GE users] qrsh/qlogin accounting issue

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 14:44:11 GMT 2005

Hi Joe,

You are right that qrsh without any command would launch
telnetd, and you can refer to Joachim's message:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=users&msgNo=4524

To get accounting working, you can use SSH with qrsh:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/qrsh_qlogin_ssh.html

And then use my tight SGE-SSH integration:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/BrowseList?list=dev&by=thread&from=4889

Note that without my tight SGE-SSH integration, you will get the
3 disadvantages mentioned in the qrsh_qlogin_ssh HOWTO. However,
 the code for my tight SGE-SSH integration is not in cvs yet,
but it should be easy to patch it yourself.

 -Ron

http://mail.yahoo.com