[GE users] Multiple Existing Clusters

Melvin Koh melvin at apstc.sun.com.sg
Mon Nov 7 04:48:07 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Bradford, Matthew wrote:

> 3. Could we integrate clusters using the Globus-SGE integration.
>
> 	I am not sure how this will function, but assume that a Globus
> component will act as the central submission point, and will make
> submissions to any of the SGE controlled clusters. Do the clusters feed
> back their resource level to the Globus component, allowing Globus to
> decide which cluster the submitted job should be sent to? Is this really
> intended for global rather than campus grid set ups?

By itself, Globus Toolkit does not do scheduling/load-balancing. If you
are just looking for a simple solution, I will recommand you to take a
look at GridWay (http://www.gridway.org). It is very lightweight and the
commands are very similar to Grid Engine's. It runs on top of Globus and
works pretty well for a small grid setup.

Melvin Koh Chee Kian
Grid Research Engineer
Asia Pacific Science & Technology Center
Sun Microsystems Inc.
Website: http://apstc.sun.com.sg/