[GE users] Setting permissions for -e -o output

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Mon Nov 7 16:55:54 GMT 2005

	Running a SUSE 10 grid with a SUSE 9.3 qmaster...

	We have a scenario where the standard output or error for some SGE tasks may
need to be overwritten by different users.  The problem is that despite
having umasks for all users set to 000, SGE insists on writing out these
files with permissions set to -rw-r--r--.  I've configured

	 /etc/csh.login.local

to contain the umask, logging in as that user on all machines has the mask set
correctly.

	I've been wracking my brains to figure out where SGE would be grabbing this
permission mask from, or whether it's hardwired internally(doubtful).   I
sure didn't want to set root's umask to 000...:P

	Our workaround is to check for and delete the file if the ownership is wrong,
or simply rename them, but I'm wondering if there's a more elegant method.

	Thanks

	J.C.

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada
There is no satisfaction in hanging a man who does not object to it
		-- G. B. Shaw