[GE users] Killing stale processes after a job

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Tue Nov 8 11:05:19 GMT 2005

Possibly your user just uses qdel to terminate the job (doing
kill -9 on the master task)? If your custom bundled pvm version
supports use of PVM_VMID there might be a chance to use regular pvm
means to do an orderly shutdown of the job. The PVM_VMID can be
used to map Grid Engine job to a unique PVM virtual machine. If that
was done by your user at job startup it should be possible to use
PVM console for shutting down that particular job only.

Regards,
Andreas