[GE users] notify issue

Göran Uddeborg uddeborg at carmen.se
Wed Nov 9 13:07:38 GMT 2005

> I define notify time in queue as 00:00:60 and qsub a test script with
> notify option and then I qdel the job. The job receives USR2 and then
> KILL. However the time between them is even less then 1 second. Has
> anybody tested this out before?

There are a couple of ways to start jobs, and they result in slightly
different process hierarchies.  In some cases the top process in this
hierarchy is a shell or something that you don't "think about".  If
this top job in the hierarchy doesn't catch the USR2 signal, it will
die from it.  When it does, the rest of the processes seem to get a
KILL signal.

So do check out what your process hierarchy looks like, and ensure
that the immediate child of the shepherd is a process which catches
the USR2 signal.