[GE users] contiguous blocks of nodes

Sacerdoti, Federico Federico.Sacerdoti at deshaw.com
Wed Nov 9 15:36:39 GMT 2005

Is it possible to request an allocation of contiguous blocks of nodes
(sorted hostname, IP addr, or seqno) for a parallel job? I have an MPI
cluster where network performance is greatly affected by proximity.
Hostnames are

foo1
foo2
fooN

and adjacent hostnames are most likely attached to the same infiniband
switch. I would like to make requests such as

qsub -pe mpi 64 -l contiguous-by-hostname

I have 'queue_sort_method seqno' but that does not seem to achieve what
I am looking for.

Thank you,
-Federico

PS. SGE v6.0u6 is running fairly well on a cluster of 1040 nodes. v6.0u4
did not.