[GE users] qsub/qstat/qacct information sequencing

Daniel Templeton Dan.Templeton at sun.com
Mon Nov 14 15:31:54 GMT 2005

Use DRMAA?  Aside from parsing the output of qsub, I don't know of any
other way to get the id.

Daniel

Olesen, Mark wrote On 11/14/05 09:14,:

>>The (pseudo-code) sequence I am trying to work with is:
>>
>>jobno = qsub cmd
>>qstat -j $jobno
>>when [qstat reports "Following jobs do not exist: $jobno"]
>>  qacct -j $jobno
>>

>Not an answer, but a question:
>It there a clean way of capturing the job number from a qsub?
>In the past I've resorted to catching and parsing stderr output, but this is
>not exactly 'clean'.
>
>/mark

*        Daniel Templeton   ERGB01 x60220         *
*       Staff Engineer, Sun N1 Grid Engine        *
* "So let the sunshine in.  Face it with a grin.  *
*  Smilers never lose, and frowners never win."   *
*      -Let the Sunshine In, Pebbles Flintstone   *