[GE users] setting up fair share as a function of CPU usage

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Mon Nov 14 15:34:54 GMT 2005

Hi folks:

   A customer asked us to change them to  share scheduling as a function
of recent CPU usage.  They had been in a non-policy based mode so we
could see which model they prefered, by department, by user, etc.
Watching the usage patterns, it seems that a share policy based upon the
recently accumulated CPU usage is likely to be best.  I see how to
create the share policy with the default user.   How do I have it use
CPU usage to make the share calculation?  How do I tie this back into
the scheduler (e.g what do I have to set to have it use this share policy)?

   Thanks.

Joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D