[GE users] setting up fair share as a function of CPU usage

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Mon Nov 14 15:38:43 GMT 2005

Hi Joe,

I *think* the default action of the sharetree policy to allocate
based resources based on "usage" may be all you need. I'm not exactly
sure what metric makes up the "usage" calculation but chances are it
could be pretty close to actual CPU usage cluster-wide.

So a flat sharetree where all user objects have the same amount of
entitlements (tickets) may end up giving you exactly what you need
which is essentially fairshare-by-user with the main metric being
"usage".

Regards,
Chris