[GE users] qsub/qstat/qacct information sequencing

Mon Nov 14 17:31:00 GMT 2005

Well, if we can clearly define a simple fix that is generally agreed to
be useful, we might be able to slip it into u8.  In any case I will
submit an RFE for it.  What behavior did you have in mind?

Daniel

David Pinsky 288-3739 wrote On 11/14/05 18:17,:

>>>From: "Olesen, Mark" <Mark.Olesen at arvinmeritor.com>
>>>Subject: RE: [GE users] qsub/qstat/qacct information sequencing
>>>

>>>The (pseudo-code) sequence I am trying to work with is:
>>>
>>>jobno = qsub cmd
>>>qstat -j $jobno
>>>when [qstat reports "Following jobs do not exist: $jobno"]
>>>  qacct -j $jobno
>>>

>>Not an answer, but a question:
>>It there a clean way of capturing the job number from a qsub?
>>In the past I've resorted to catching and parsing stderr output, but this is
>>not exactly 'clean'.
>>
>>/mark
>>

>Like you, we have to process the output, ala (bash-ish):
>	jobno=$(qsub [options] cmds | cut -f3 -d" "|cut -f1 -d.)
>
>Seems like such a little fix would be so useful to so many.
>
>And much thanks to Daniel Templeton for providing the info
>on "Immediate Accounting Data Flushing".
>
>David
>
>David Pinsky                                    david_pinsky at agilent.com
>Agilent Technologies, ISD                       970-288-3739
>4380 Ziegler Road                               970-288-6580 (fax)
>Fort Collins, CO  80525-9790                    Mailstop 72

*        Daniel Templeton   ERGB01 x60220         *
*       Staff Engineer, Sun N1 Grid Engine        *
* "So let the sunshine in.  Face it with a grin.  *
*  Smilers never lose, and frowners never win."   *
*      -Let the Sunshine In, Pebbles Flintstone   *