[GE users] problem about host resolving

H.T. Wei kkmanwei at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 23:12:40 GMT 2005

I got problem when trying to install SunGrid 6.0u1 on the server with
dual ethernet ports.
The installation message showed:

  Checking hostname resolving
---------------------------

Cannot contact qmaster. The command failed:

   ./bin/lx24-x86/qconf -sh

The error message was:

   error: commlib error: access denied (server host resolves source
host "rserv24" as "(HOST_NOT_RESOLVABLE)")
ERROR: unable to contact qmaster using port 536 on host "sgemaster"

You can fix the problem now or abort the installation procedure.

Contact qmaster again (y/n) ('n' will abort) [y]

How can I make another IP (for eth1) is resolvable on sungrid?

Thanks,

HT

--
" Stay hungary, Stay foolish "