[GE users] qsub performance

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Nov 14 23:40:22 GMT 2005

Hi,

Am 04.10.2005 um 19:45 schrieb Rayson Ho:

> Check in the login script for $ENVIRONMENT - when the shell is run
> under a batch job, its value is BATCH.
>
> This way, you can conditionally execute/setup stuff...

although it's some days old: there is a difference, whether the bash
is called with /bin/sh or /bin/bash (in /etc/passwd). The latter one
also allows different files to be sourced, depending whether it's an
interactive shell, a login shell or none of them. This could
possibily also be used to distinguish between different modes.

Cheers - Reuti