[GE users] problem about host resolving

H.T. Wei kkmanwei at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 00:06:53 GMT 2005

Hi Reuti,

Thanks for your suggestion.
But I still got a error like this after done what you suggested:

Checking hostname resolving
---------------------------

Cannot contact qmaster. The command failed:

   ./bin/lx24-x86/qconf -sh

The error message was:

   error: commlib error: access denied (client IP resolved to host
name "rserv24-a". This is not identical to clients host name
"rserv24")
ERROR: unable to contact qmaster using port 536 on host "sgemaster"

You can fix the problem now or abort the installation procedure.

Contact qmaster again (y/n) ('n' will abort) [y]

How you have any idea about what it is and how to solve it?

Thanks,

HT

On 11/14/05, Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Am 15.11.2005 um 00:12 schrieb H.T. Wei:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I got problem when trying to install SunGrid 6.0u1 on the server with
> > dual ethernet ports.
> > The installation message showed:
> >
> >   Checking hostname resolving
> > ---------------------------
> >
> > Cannot contact qmaster. The command failed:
> >
> >    ./bin/lx24-x86/qconf -sh
> >
> > The error message was:
> >
> >    error: commlib error: access denied (server host resolves source
> > host "rserv24" as "(HOST_NOT_RESOLVABLE)")
> > ERROR: unable to contact qmaster using port 536 on host "sgemaster"
> >
> > You can fix the problem now or abort the installation procedure.
> >
> > Contact qmaster again (y/n) ('n' will abort) [y]
> >
> > How can I make another IP (for eth1) is resolvable on sungrid?
>
> for each machine where you want to use a second network interface for
> SGE, you need an entry in $SGE_ROOT/default/common/host_aliases where
> each machine is one line in the form:
>
> internal_name     the.external.name
>
> There is also a man page for host_aliases.
>
> HTH - Reuti
>

> > Thanks,
> >
> > HT
> >
> > --