[GE users] shepherd of job 388421.1 died through signal = 11

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Wed Nov 16 13:16:32 GMT 2005

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Jinal A Jhaveri wrote:

> Guys, I would really appreciate if someone can help on this. I am at
> the SuperComputing '05  conference and was hoping to talk to someone
> about this but didn't find any Gridengine people!! Is anybody
> attending the conference?

Yes, there are, but they can't help you either.

As far as I can tell there will be a fix in u7 (aka s2) that overcomes
the problem you observe. N1 Grid Engine engineering is currently in testing
phase for 6.0u7. From what you wrote I assume you're using lx24-amd64
binaries. If this is the case I could send you a 6.0s2snapshot2 shepherd
binary for that platform. Though due to my limited knowledge about your
overall set-up I can't warrant for anything but actually that should be
all you need.

Regards,
Andreas