[GE users] qresub as other user

Andy Schwierskott andy.schwierskott at Sun.COM
Wed Nov 16 14:02:09 GMT 2005

Hi,

>> When I qresub another users job than it will be submitted under my own user
>> account. How can I change this behaviour?
>
> Please file a bug to IssueZilla for this.

Well, is it really a bug? Do you expect to get it denied?

Since all if the job info cannot be hidden I see no problem that any user
can "qresub" and thus submit the same job. anyone could write a script whic
mimics qresub by getting all the job request with qstat -r and qstat -j and
submitting the job script by tyking it out from the qmaster spool directory.

It could be interesting in some cases that an admin can qresub a job on
behalf of another users, but that really could open a can of worms.

Andy