[GE users] lam_tight_qrsh-Integration, lamstart Problem

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Nov 16 14:56:58 GMT 2005

Hi Sebastian,

Am 16.11.2005 um 15:33 schrieb Sebastian:

> Hello,
>
> i have a problem with the integration of lam. I made all like Reuti
> wrote in
> his HowTo and tried to test his settings with this script:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> #
> #$ -pe lam_tight_qrsh 2
> #$ -e /scratch/sge_mpi.err
> #$ -o /scratch/sge_mpi.out
> #$ -S /bin/bash
>
> export PATH=/opt/lam706/bin:$PATH

I just had a similar discussion with Bernard Li in PM. With 7.0.6
it's not working.

> echo "Starting Job!"
> mpirun C /scratch/mpihello.c
> echo "Job finished!"
> echo "Sleeping"
> sleep 60
> echo "Sleep finished"
>
> I have made the new PE lam_tight_qrsh with the correct options and
> made the
> changes in hboot.c and changed the lamd binary.
>
> But when sge will start the LAM-Universe with more than one node,
> following
> error is reported:
>
> ERROR: LAM/MPI unexpectedly received the following on stderr:
> *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x0814f160 ***

This is because newer glibc's will make more checks than in former
releases. You can try to put a:

export MALLOC_CHECK_=0

in .bashrc or so. I'm not sure, whether this will work, maybe with
7.1.1 you don't need it at all.

Cheers - Reuti

> The full error-log is attached.
> What is wrong, i think the problem is when sge tries to start the
> lam-universe.
>
> Thx, Kind Regards, Sebastian
>
> --
> Highspeed-Freiheit. Bei GMX supergünstig, z.B. GMX DSL_Cityflat,
> DSL-Flatrate für nur 4,99 Euro/Monat*  http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Philipps-University of Marburg
AK Frenking / FB Chemie
Thomas Reuter