[GE users] qresub as other user

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Nov 16 15:06:57 GMT 2005

Am 16.11.2005 um 15:56 schrieb Andreas Haas:

> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005, Andy Schwierskott wrote:
>
>> Hi,

>>> Please file a bug to IssueZilla for this.
>>
>> Well, is it really a bug? Do you expect to get it denied?
>
> Yes, absolutely.

aha, the bug is not the "missing-feature" to submit completely as
another user, but the possibility to do it at all. Then it's really a
bug IMO - it should be denied.

>> Since all if the job info cannot be hidden I see no problem that
>> any user
>> can "qresub" and thus submit the same job. anyone could write a
>> script whic
>> mimics qresub by getting all the job request with qstat -r and
>> qstat -j and
>> submitting the job script by tyking it out from the qmaster spool
>> directory.
>
> Doing qresub of some other users job script allows you to access
> his/her job
> script. Just imagine if there is anything confidential inside the
> script.

What about the spool directory, where all scripts are placed in clear
type?

-- Reuti

>> It could be interesting in some cases that an admin can qresub a
>> job on
>> behalf of another users, but that really could open a can of worms.
>
> I'm not enough of a gourmet to be keen on tasting these worms.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

Philipps-University of Marburg
AK Frenking / FB Chemie