[GE users] qresub as other user

Sebastian Stark stark at tuebingen.mpg.de
Wed Nov 16 15:09:07 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 16 November 2005 15:02, Andy Schwierskott wrote:
> It could be interesting in some cases that an admin can qresub a job on
> behalf of another users, but that really could open a can of worms.

I would expect qresub (as an admin) to do the same as the rerun mechanism
does. If I want to relocate a users job from one machine to some other
machine I can simply reboot it and it will start somewhere else, given that
the rerun flag is set.

But of course I don't know the implementation details so I cannot really argue
with that...

Another case where I think qresub as an admin can be useful is the following:

  - User submits job
  - Job runs, errors out because of some problem
  - Admin fixes problem
  - Admin qresubs other users jobs

The current behavior of qresub is, at least for me, the most unexpected one.

-Sebastian

ps: to add to the "can of worms": why wouldn't qresub work with tasks?

--
Sebastian Stark -- http://www.kyb.tuebingen.mpg.de/~stark
Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics