[GE users] lam_tight_qrsh-Integration, lamstart Problem

Bernard Li bli at bcgsc.ca
Thu Nov 17 08:39:10 GMT 2005

> I just had a similar discussion with Bernard Li in PM. With 7.0.6
> it's not working.

Actually, I never tried tight integration with qrsh, I just did the
loose integration because I did not want to modify LAM/MPI source code.
The issue with loose integration is that you would get zombie lamd on
your compute nodes (probably from the master which spawned the lam
world).  I tested this with LAM/MPI 7.1.2b28 and didn't have this issue.

Cheers,

Bernard