[GE users] PATH problems with grid engine 6

Brady Catherman bradyc at uidaho.edu
Thu Nov 17 18:33:34 GMT 2005

When we run scripts on our cluster SGE seems to screw up our local
paths. We have programs in tons of different places and would prefer
to not have locations hard coded.

Hers is what I have tried:
	Using unix_behavior with /bin/csh, /bin/tcsh and /bin/bash, /bin/
bash --login
	Using posix_compliant with the same shells.
	Using unix_behavior with a custom shell that sources /etc/profile.

None of these seem to actually do anything though. The path is always
"/tmp/492.1.all.q:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/bin:"

I had seen several solutions but they are always on the clients side
of things. I would prefer to not have to force our clients to add
stuff to scripts in order to get things working.

Anybody know of a solution?