[GE users] PATH problems with grid engine 6

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Thu Nov 17 18:40:24 GMT 2005

	I'm missing something here.  How exactly is SGE messing with your path?  In
order to run the SGE programs, you need to source the settings in

 $SGE_ROOT/default/common/settings.sh or .csh

	but I'm unclear how that musses up paths.  It will add paths to your existing
one, but not destroy any.  Are you just trying to get around sourcing those
setups?

	Cheers,

	J.C.

On Thursday 17 November 2005 13:33, Brady Catherman wrote:
> When we run scripts on our cluster SGE seems to screw up our local
> paths. We have programs in tons of different places and would prefer
> to not have locations hard coded.
>
> Hers is what I have tried:
> 	Using unix_behavior with /bin/csh, /bin/tcsh and /bin/bash, /bin/
> bash --login
> 	Using posix_compliant with the same shells.
> 	Using unix_behavior with a custom shell that sources /etc/profile.
>
> None of these seem to actually do anything though. The path is always
> "/tmp/492.1.all.q:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/bin:"
>
> I had seen several solutions but they are always on the clients side
> of things. I would prefer to not have to force our clients to add
> stuff to scripts in order to get things working.
>
> Anybody know of a solution?

                                                     Toronto, ON Canada
The world's as ugly as sin,
And almost as delightful