[GE users] PATH problems with grid engine 6

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Fri Nov 18 03:32:31 GMT 2005

Brady,

'qmon' issues on Apple clusters are almost always due to openmotif
library issues and mismatches between what was compiled into the
courtesy binary and what you have on your local OS. I think you'll
find as you get more into SGE admin stuff that the qmon GUI will just
slow you down but if you really need it you can certainly get it
running on Apple systems.  In the worst case scenario you'll just
need to build Grid Engine from source on a box with Apple X11 and the
Xcode development tools installed and then you can pull the fresh
qmon binary out and drop it into your existing $SGE_ROOT/bin/darwin/
directory.

-Chris