[GE users] new approach to FLEXlm license integration - The "Olesen Method" - code & draft docs available

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Fri Nov 18 16:03:43 GMT 2005

qlicserver is all Mark's work - I'm just a happy end-user.  The offer
to stick the tarball on gridengine.info was merely a side effect of
wanting to see his code and methods distributed to the user community
in a way that matched his key concerns:  minimize support burden &
having license terms that would prevent some company from knocking in
his door in the future trying to sell him his own work.

I've got no personal, ego, business or any other reason to be
concerned about what happens with the code and since I didn't write
it I shouldn't have a say in what happens to it. Should something of
mine prove of interest (such as extra documentation or howto
materials), they can already be folded into SGE whenever it makes
sense -- I've already signed the sunsource contributor agreements.

The gridengine.info site is a personal effort running on my own (non
corporate) server.  I'm happy with how it helps my own knowledge and
how it (occasionally) gets hits from people googling for SGE info. As
people have mentioned before - the sunsource site is difficult for
internet search engines to index.  There is no need for the site to
"broaden its base" or anything like that. I'd be just as happy to
link to sunsource.net as I would be to host static files on
gridengine.info.

-chris